After Newtown many retailers had stupid knee jerk reactions, with the shock of the event understandable but things started getting back to normal business & those retailers that gouged or remained restrictive suffered losses as people voted with their wallets & those gouging restrictive retailers repented & went back to normal....
Well Dick's Sporting Goods has a very short memory & reports have been coming in since October like below
Since there have been numerous reports from several CT counties & 1 from NY of entry of permit information at the registers; it would be rather safe to assume that it is corporate policy because the cash registers have to be programmed to have a place to input the information being recorded
The questions which come to my mind are
1) Why does Dick's feel that it has the right to collect this very personal information?
2) What does Dick's intend to do with this information?
3) Who is Dick's Selling &/or Sharing this information with?
4) How Safe is the Database that the recorded ammo purchases is being stored?
5) How Long does Dick's plan to Keep the Collection Database?
6) What prompted Dick's to start this Database of Ammo Purchases?
"REGISTRY ALERT!!! Everyone, please be aware that Dick's sporting good is archiving your personal information when you buy ammo.
I have it first hand that an individual with a CCL had their permit number logged into Dick's computer system when purchasing ammo.
There is nothing in SB 1160 that requires retailers to store personal information for ammo purchases." (above quoted from a recent report)
What are your thoughts about this?
Will you still shop at Dick's Sporting Goods for other items knowing that if you add Ammo to your basket that your personal information about the Ammo purchased will be stored in a Database?
Leave your comments below